Why didn’t anyone tell me I was knocking out 26 books in 2022? That’s too much for how busy my life is. But hey, I read em, I dig em, and I’m stoked on em.
And guess what all that reading means? Drumroll please…..
It’s time for an annual reading list blog! 🎉
I went through a range of topics this year – from self-help and minimalism, to investing and startups.
Maybe a few of these will land on your reading list soon. Let me know if you check any of them out 🤘
- Twelve and a Half: Leveraging the Emotional Ingredients Necessary for Business Success by Gary Vaynerchuk
- No Filter: The Inside Story of Instagram by Sarah Frier
- The Almanack of Naval Ravikant: A Guide to Wealth and Happiness by Eric Jorgenson
- The Bullish Case for Bitcoin by Vijay Boyapati
- Recovery: Freedom from Our Addictions by Russell Brand
- Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products by Eyal Nir
- Surf Is Where You Find It: The Wisdom of Waves, Any Time, Anywhere, Any Way by Gerry Lopez
- Cypherpunks by Julian Assange
- Make No Small Plans: Lessons on Thinking Big, Chasing Dreams, and Building Community by Elliot Bisnow
- Coffeehouse Investor by Bill Schultheis
- 12 Notes on Life and Creativity by Quincy Jones
- Cocaine + Surfing by Chas Smith
- The Surfer and The Sage by Noah benShea and Shaun Tomson
- Build by Tony Fadell
- Sprint by Jake Knapp and John Zeratsky
- Essentialism (Re-read) by Greg McKeown
- Effortless by Greg McKeown
- It Doesn’t Have To Be Crazy At Work (re-read) by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson
- The Power Law: Venture Capital and the Making of the New Future by Sebastian Mallaby
- Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us by Seth Godin
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life by Mark Manson
- Wanting: The Power of Mimetic Desire in Everyday Life by Luke Burgis
- Love People, Use Things: Because the Opposite Never Works by Joshua Fields Millburn and Ryan Nicodemus
- The Art of Community: Seven Principles for Belonging by Charles Vogl
- Make Time: How to Focus on What Matters Every Day by Jake Knapp and John Zeratsky
- The Great CEO Within: The Tactical Guide to Company Building by Matt Mochary
Now that you’ve gone through that list, you’re probably asking “where’s the blurb on each one?”
To that, I say, essentialism baby — you have the info you need to dive deeper.