If there’s one common theme I’ve heard over and over and over again from successful individuals that I admire, it’s that they all had a relentless focus in whatever they are pursuing.
That brings me to an acronym someone once shared that I remind myself of daily.
Following One Course Until Success
I suffer greatly from ADD and having a monkey mind. Focus is something I strive for consistently to help me achieve my goals and not on excel in my field of choice, but do legendary work in that vertical.
- Overwhelmed by multiple branches
- Coasts in the passenger seat
- Complains, compares, criticizes
- Overthinks and procrastinates
- Distracted by small things
- Short term gratification
- Demanding and entitled
- Changes in whim
- Amplifies negatives and fears
- Self-centered and obsessed
- Controlled by anger, worry, and fear
- Does whatever feels good
- Looks for pleasure
- Looks for temporary fixes
- Focused on the root of the issue
- Lives intentionally and consciously
- Compassionate, caring, collaborative
- Analyzes and articulates
- Long-term gains
- Enthusiastic, determined, patient
- Commits to a mission, vision, or goal
- Works on breaking down negatives and fears
- Self-care for service
- Controls and engages energy wisely
- Seeks self-control and mastery
- Looks for meaning
- Looks for genuine solutions
Let’s all work towards thinking more like a monk and find the success we envision in our minds.