It’s June 16, 2022 at the time of this writing.
Bitcoin went from an all time high of $69,000 and dropped down, down, and down to <$21,000.
People are panic selling.
Fortunes are being lost.
The Bitcoin haters are laughing. The die-hards are crying HODL. And the paper hands are crumbling like nobody’s business.
Now the big question is: Alex, what the hell are you feeling about this Bitcoin (crypto in general) meltdown?
Well well well… I’m glad you asked.
I don’t give a fu*k. I’m HODLing, baby. No just HODLing, but actively stacking sats.
It’s not about the money. It’s about the mission. It’s about the Bitcoin project. It’s about the inevitability of this all happening as our future. Bitcoin is the future. Bitcoin is the currency of the internet and will happen. It is going to take over the future.
You might as well get on board with it now while you can.
** Set a reminder to yourself for 10 years from now and send me an email to tell me if I completely botched this thesis **
Here are 5 reasons why I believe Bitcoin is inevitable and the future:
- It’s a global currency (I can send Bitcoin to anyone on the planet right now for next-to-nothing without the need for banks)
- Scarcity (unlike dollars, you can’t print more Bitcoin)
- Transparency (all transactions are seen on the Blockchain)
- Decentralization (there is no one that holds the keys to kingdom)
- It’s Peer-To-Peer (it’s built for the people, by the people)
Bitcoin is money for the internet age. Bitcoin joins a global system that we are all building towards.
With the rise of distributed work and international collaboration with peers, it only makes sense that we start to move to a global form of currency to bring us all together as one.
If you’re interested in learning more about Bitcoin, I would start here: